Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A very hungry caterpillar went looking for some food

and found sooooo many ideas on Pinterest it wasn’t funny. Seriously, how many ways can you do food that is themed to the caterpillar?
I’m keeping it simple, mainly cause Miss K has soccer the morning of the party and I need to make it as easy as possible!
How much more simple than taking my cues from the story!!
In the light of the moon, a little egg lay on a leaf – devilled eggs on a bed of lettuce leaves
it's me, andrea.: A "Very Hungry Caterpillar" birthday party.
For Monday (one apple), Tuesday (2 pears), Wednesday (3 plums – thinking we might do grapes), Thursday (4 strawberries) and Friday (5 oranges) – a fruit platter
Saturday…
  • chocolate cake – brownies
  • ice cream cone – maybe small ice cream cones filled with something not ice cream or ice cream lollies
  • pickle – not sure about this one
  • Swiss cheese – and biscuits
  • salami – maybe some twiggy sticks
  • lollypop – mini lollipops?
  • cherry pie
  • sausage – mini savs
  • cupcakes
  • watermelon (on the fruit platter)
Sunday The Caterpillar ate through a nice green leaf – a salad
The cocoon – these nutella ‘cocoons’
"cocoons" for caterpillar bday- Nutella and cinnamon inside for Caleb's 1st birthday.  "A Very Hungry Caterpillar" party.
A beautiful butterfly – butterfly sugar biscuits
I’d like to do something like these
butterfly cookie favors. how can these be so perfect?
but it will most likely be something like these
98057d377a70b9d76fa8bcc52bdbe763
And somewhere in there I’ll do sandwiches. That look like this.
IMG_3571
Oh and the cake, but that I’m saving for next time.
You can check out my ideas on my Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday Pinterest board

No comments:

Post a Comment